12.20.2008

roll the dice

And, here I am, wondering what the hell life is going to deal me next.

My life isn't bad really, but I'm not about to say it's perfect either. It's a game of chance, and it's all determined by some fool pulling levers and pressing buttons behind a green curtain. *omgomgogmomgomgommg literature reference ooooooo 0_o*

Life IS a whole lot like the Wizard of Oz. It's full of witches and winding roads, and a ragtag group of friends who attach themselves to you and will love you no matter what. There's the sparkling cities in the distance, the ever-enduring thrill of the chase to one day get what you want. There's the good witches of the north who grant you a little help and quick alliance when you need it, but disappear as quickly as they come.

And you wake up... and was it all a dream?

Yesterday I went to this guitar center a few minutes down the road, searching for a part-time job or something. And I found the guy and went in, and we talked for a while. Then the other shop owner walked in and asked if the Odyssey was our car. I told him that yes, it was. He commented on the horse sticker and asked if I rode horses.

I said that no, my sisters did. And my mother smiled and told them what fun times they had at the stables. It might have been sarcasm, but surprisingly I couldn't tell.

So it turns out the owner I was talking to first happened to have three horses of his own, and my mother jumps to it: "Do they need to be exercised? I'm sure my twelve-year-old would be more than happy to help."

And the encounter ends goes as so. I go in to look for a job, they said that they don't have any positions open that pay but maybe they could take me as a job shadow, even though they already have one. My mother and I find out that this guy has horses and she throws my sisters' names in the hat for helping out. He says his wife will give my sister a call about a horse gig. He says he'll give me a call about a job at the guitar store.

He didn't call.

*sigh*

Of course everything I get at fourteen, my younger sisters get almost everything I do at their age. I waited for a cell phone forever, the same day I got a real phone, they did too. They are twelve and nine. Ugh. Same with lots of stuff, curfews, extra-special privileges... ugh. Ugh. Just... ugh.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Life IS like the Wizard of Oz...I agree. But you did forget one vital piece of information - Life is CORNY AS HELL!

:)

Don't worry about the sister deal. Does it really matter in the long term? Not really. I know it bugs the crap out of you right now - same here with Kelly - but still...It's just one more bump in the road that you have to ignore and keep driving over.

Happy Christmas!

Hello!

Wow, you really read all that? Danggg. Props! =]

Well, I see you've just had the imponderable joy of stumbling onto the blog of an 18-year-old girl who can't really describe herself in 500 words or less, such as in little text boxes like these. She didn't intend her blog to really become so much like her online diary (she was hoping it would have an interesting, helpful purpose to serve the world and all) but blogging is just kind of fun. This girl's a bit of an environmentalist and a full-tilt vegetarian, a bit of an artist who can't draw, a bit of a writer who can't find time to read, and a completely hopeless romantic. She enjoys white chocolate, coloring, wading in creeks, music, Doctor Who, and speaking in third-person when it's unnecessary like this.

Now go read the rest of the blog and meet her, if you like of course. :)