7.14.2013

10 ways to get better.

Okay, I haven't done a 10 on sunday in like 2308471 years.  So here's 10 ways I'm getting better. Mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually, academically, the whole 9 (or a million) yards.

1. I'm getting healthy. For real. No more bullshit. I'm exercising daily, like doing these girly-ass-yet-super-effective-and-actually-kinda-kickass Blogilates videos and running and going to the gym and stuff. also I'm food journaling, which means taking pictures of stuff before I eat it and writing everything down and totaling and calculating and stuff to keep myself healthy, and I'm just eating healthier in general. I've been doing this all summer but now I'm really kicking it up cause I wasn't getting any results.

2. I'm gonna do more shit for myself. I am a grown ass lady now and I can do more stuff. I'm gonna take my own sorry skin to the doctor when I think I break my toe. I'm gonna buy my own medicine and order my pills for myself. I'm gonna buy my own stuff for my apartment next year and pay my own rent and my own bills and manage my own budget. Yes. I'm a big girl now. And I'm also gonna open letters like an adult and not like tyrannosaurus rex.

3. I will try harder in my classes. Next year I'll be taking 19 hours as well as possibly balancing two jobs. My parents are also paying out of the ass for me to have a nice apartment and I should probably show my appreciation by number 2 and  also getting good grades.

4. I'm going to let things go more. I always linger on things that haunt me. I need to let go of all my little demons. They can't hurt me if they're not around.

5. No more lying. I'm going to tell the truth more to people. I always have this web of lies around me because I feel like it makes me feel safe, but really, it just makes me feel more isolated and alone. I really hope I can stick with this.

6. I'm going to go running more, because I feel like it's a healthier way to deal with pent up anger, or panic.

7. I'm going to be nicer. I'll be more generous and a better listener and complimentary and I should probably curse less too lol

8. I'm gonna recycle more and learn my shit. Environmental science is my major, after all.

9. Somehow I need to figure out how to be sexier. Seriously though. I'm like the most awkward person alive, romantically speaking. I don't know how I'll accomplish this. Probably through further trial and error. sigh

10. This is the most important one. I WILL NOT BE SELF DESTRUCTIVE. In my thoughts or in my actions. No more of that shit. I can't get better if I keep beating myself down.

No comments:

Hello!

Wow, you really read all that? Danggg. Props! =]

Well, I see you've just had the imponderable joy of stumbling onto the blog of an 18-year-old girl who can't really describe herself in 500 words or less, such as in little text boxes like these. She didn't intend her blog to really become so much like her online diary (she was hoping it would have an interesting, helpful purpose to serve the world and all) but blogging is just kind of fun. This girl's a bit of an environmentalist and a full-tilt vegetarian, a bit of an artist who can't draw, a bit of a writer who can't find time to read, and a completely hopeless romantic. She enjoys white chocolate, coloring, wading in creeks, music, Doctor Who, and speaking in third-person when it's unnecessary like this.

Now go read the rest of the blog and meet her, if you like of course. :)